Is your vehicles A/C working properly? Probably not if your reading this. When your vehicle is having air conditioning (A/C) problems in, near, Plainfield or any nearby suburbs, Im sure you want it fixed ASAP. Print out our free A/C inspection coupon, give us a call to schedule an appointment, so you can feel cool like you use to.
• Did you use to feel cooler back in the day?
• We can help you get that cool feeling back.
• Are you having air conditioning problems?
• Has your A/C system been checked lately?
• Domestic & foreign vehicle A/C service A-Z.
• A/C recharge, inspection, service, & repair.
We are the local auto air conditioning specialist. Weve been offering our air conditioning services to Plainfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL, & beyond since 1978. From a simple recharge (Freon refill) to replacing a compressor, dryer, condenser, or evaporator coil, we have you covered. Last Chance Auto Repair offers complete auto air conditioning repair & installation solutions for all your vehicles air conditioning service needs.
Does your car, van, SUV, truck, vehicle need the air conditioning repaired, serviced, recharged or custom installed? Did you know that we are the local A/C expert? We know A/C systems like the back of our hands. Our team offers domestic & foreign vehicle air conditioning services A-Z.
How can we help you? Is your A/C broke aka not working? Do you need someone to troubleshoot your A/C problem? Dont sweat it, call the professionals over at Last Chance Auto Repair. If your car air conditioner isnt working let us show you how we became the local A/C diagnostic expert. Dont worry (sweat) anymore, we have you covered.
Looking for an A/C system expert that you can trust plus afford? Leave all of your auto A/C repair needs to the experts over at Plainfields one and only Last Chance Auto Repair. Sweat no more, stay cool and comfortable by calling our team now, later, 24-7!
Wondering what your vehicles A/C system consists of? Today, most automotive A/C systems consist of 5 major components. These 5 (parts) are the evaporator (EVAP core), A/C compressor, condenser, and two other items, either a receiver/drier and expansion valve (also called a thermal, or thermostatic expansion valve), or an accumulator and orifice tube. Which two of these four last items depends on the type of A/C system your vehicle is equipped with. Want to know a little bit more perhaps?
A/C Compressor Why do A/C compressors get replaced?
Well, they leak (number one issue), compressor clutch electrically
fails and mechanical failures are the major culprits of this issue.
When there is an issue you want to rectify it ASAP. The longer
you wait, the more costly repairs will get.
A/C Condenser Why do condensers have issues? Your condenser
collects contaminants and oil out of the refrigerant (freon) from the
compressor by means of your vehicles expansion valve. If your
condenser is dirty (clogged), flushing moves sludge through the
system. This is how other components get damaged and bills go up.
A/C Evaporator What causes evaporator core problems? Your
evaporator coil is an important part of your A/C system. Moisture
can develop on fins causing mold mildew to form which is no good.
Sometimes this mold can clog your drain tube. Its good practice to
turn the a/c off before you park, to help dry the moisture.
A/C Drier Also known as an A/C accumulator. A/C driers are used
to absorb water completely and avoid the A/C compressor from seeing
contaminants. Moisture is enemy #1 for your A/C system. Moisture
in a system mixes with refrigerant and forms a corrosive acid. If you
think theirs moisture change accumulator or drier to save money.
Having air conditioning problems in or near Planfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL? Routine maintenance can help keep your A/C system and components in top notch working condition. When is the last time you had your air conditioning system inspected? Call Last Chance Auto Repair now to schedule a free A/C inspection, you read it right, free!
Last Chance Auto Repair specializes on making A/C systems last. From fixing no air coming out of vent situations. To air conditioners blowing warm/hot air. To the infamous evaporator (EVAP) core replacement. Or maybe your experiencing a moldy or gas smell whenever you use your blower-fan. Our team is here for all your car, van, SUV, truck, automotive air conditioning needs for domestic & foreign vehicles A-Z. How may we help you?
What Is Included With Our Free & Paid A/C Inspection(s)?
• Our team visually inspects all of your vehicles A/C components including: evaporator (EVAP core), A/C compressor, condenser, receiver/drier and expansion valve (also called a thermal, thermostatic expansion valve), accumulator and orifice tube, air conditioning control panel, vent doors & vents, actuators, etc. Questions? Call now! (Free & Paid)
• Our team will run a performance test. This test is done by placing a thermometer into one of your vents and checking the output temperature reading. (Free)
• Our team Last Chance Auto Repair performs a system state of charge test also know as a quick pressure test. This test is done by simply connecting one of our A/C manifold gauge testing tools to your vehicles low and high-side pressure fittings after reassuring that both the low and high-side valves on the manifold gauge set are fully closed.
We then will start your engine and run your vehicles A/C system with all control settings set at their maximum levels until it has had time to cool off the inside of the vehicle. We then open the valves on the manifold set. Check the low and high pressures on the dials. Then compare those readings to the normal range of operating pressures and then determine the state of charge of your vehicles air conditioning system. (Free)
• We perform a system control test which includes making sure your controller works on all settings, temperatures, (blend) door actuator(s), etc. (Free)
• We perform a leak test using an approved electronic leak detector. Is your vehicles A/C system leaking? Usually when your vehicle is leaking something, there is a sign of the leak before a problem occurs. Now when Freon leaks (refrigerant, gas) it turns into a gas which is colorless and odorless. Unfortunately these characteristics make it very difficult to see, smell or hear. Hence we are the Planfield, Naperville, Bolingbrook, Romeoville, IL, automotive air conditioning system expert for a reason. Leave it to the professionals aka our team over at Plainfields Last Chance Auto Repair is always here for you. (Paid)
Does your A/C system need to be charged? If youre in need of a car A/C recharge service, look no further than Last Chance Auto Repair. We offer an A/C evacuate and recharge service at our shop.
Wondering what that consists of? We purge the air conditioning system of old Freon and then recharge the system with new fresh Freon, simply said. Then we inspect the the vehicles A/C system pressures, output temperature, & controls to make sure everything is working properly. Dont worry about it anymore. That is one of the many things we specialize on. Call our team now!
Tired of the hot air blowing in your face? Wondering what local auto repair shops offer an automotive air conditioning recharge service? Wonder know more, we have you covered. Call Plainfields best auto repair shop, Last Chance Auto Repair now to schedule an appointment, will help keep you cool as an ice cube be on those hot summer days.
There are several reasons your vehicles A/C system can lose its cooling powers. Bring your vehicle to us at the first sign of an issue, it could mean the difference between needing a small (cheap & easy) repair, or worse, a larger (time consuming & expensive) one. Here is a list of auto air conditioning problems.
• The most likely cause of an air conditioner cooling problem is no refrigerant (Freon) in your A/C system. A lack of Freon in some vehicles will your air conditioning compressor not to turn on due to a low pressure safety switch. This protects your expensive air conditioning compressor from possible damage caused by a lack of lubrication. Stop by, will check it out.
• Compressor failure problems are also common enough. Typically due to a of loss of lubrication, which in turn can be caused by low refrigerant in your system, or a blockage in the orifice tube. Which will effect refrigerant and oil from circulating to the compressor correctly.
• Built up moisture in your A/C system allows ice to form and block the orifice tube. Causing a restriction that stops the flow of Freon and oil (pag oil) through your A/C system. Where in most cases the air contamination is due to a leak in the system that should be rectified.
Your air conditioning system consists of quite a few components. When a problem occurs there is many possibilities of what the issue may be. Other common auto air conditioning system problems include: o-rings, seals and hoses, compressors & compressor clutches, evaporators & condensers, driers, receivers & accumulators, switches, controllers, modules & relays, blower motors & resistors. Regardless we have you and your A/C needs covered A-Z.